The Suziki legacy continues with the 2016 GSX-S1000
The 2016 GSX-S1000 is a weapon and a half, it shares technology with with the GSX-RR, Suzuki’s new MotoGP racing machine and is set up for street domination!
Delivering street dominating power the GSX-S1000 is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder engine (based on the long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine) tuned for low and mid-range power making it ideal for street riding.
Suzuki presents its newest line of motorcycle with roots from the GSX series and taking it in an aggressive new direction with the latest state-of-the-art technology.
– 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000K8 powerplant with a finely tuned fuel injection system that use Suzuki’s innovative SDTV-equipped (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle bodies.
– The 10-hole, long-nosed fuel injectors on each throttle body aid in creating better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
– The 73.4mm x 59.0mm long-stroke engine design helps create a broad spread of power throughout the entire rpm range.
– New camshaft profiles were designed to optimize street performance while maintaining peak, racetrack level performance.
– New pistons, engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis, are cast with optimal rigidity and weight. Suzuki Composite – Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
– The GSX-S1000 features Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System* to let the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
– There are four traction control modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 3 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
– *Traction control is not a substitute for rider’s throttle control under the various conditions, and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.
– The 4-2-1 exhaust system contributes to a strong low-to-mid range output with exciting exhaust notes and adrenaline-rushing performance when the engine speed is increased. The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system-equipped mid-muffler design enhances style and aids in mass centralization for great chassis balance.
– Angular radiator shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the new high-capacity curved radiator. Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
– The proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
– Rack and pinion clutch release and refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
– Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
– The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
– The rear link-type suspension has a single Showa rear shock that features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
310mm floating-mount dual discs mated to Brembo mono-block front brake calipers with 4 opposite 32mm pistons provide strong and consistent stopping power.
– ENKEI 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels are furnished with Dunlop radial tires (120/70ZR17 front and 180/50ZR17 rear).
– Matte black aluminum Rental Fatbar handlebar is standard equipment offering excellent riding ergonomics with great vibration damping.
– Low seat height of 815mm (32in) with a sporty, yet upright riding position.
– The lightweight and compact LCD display includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant and ambient temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock modes.
– The display also features a white backlight gives great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators for the turn signals, high beam, malfunction, traction control, coolant temperature, and oil pressure.
– Iridium spark plugs increase the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle compared to conventional type. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
– New easy-start system needs just a simple push of the starter button without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral.
– 12-month unlimited mileage, limited warranty* Coverage can be increased via Suzuki Extended Protection
For more info check out the Suziki Cycles official website
Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5